High quality videos have revolutionized the way companies approach digital marketing today. The incredible surge in video marketing has bombarded the online landscape, with businesses sharing footage that cover topics about everything from “How To’s” to product promotions. Videos also make it easy for consumers to find out more about businesses, what they have to offer, about their office’s culture and more says Chris Poole from CT Digital Marketing Agency. It’s remarkable how easy videos have made life for consumers who are looking for advice and help, and for businesses to address their needs and promote their services and products.
Here are several statistics that highlight the effectiveness of videos.
- Online videos account for about 60% of all mobile traffic on social sites, etc.
- By 2019 video is projected to claim an estimated 80% of web traffic.
- On Facebook, posts that contain videos achieve 135% higher organic reach than posts with photos.
- You can raise the conversion rates of your landing pages by 80% if you embed videos on your landing pages.
- Around 87% of today’s businesses include videos in their digital marketing strategy.
- Including video in email campaigns have been shown to boost click through rates by an impressive 200 to 300%.
If you’re on a tight budget, you can make your own video, but it will take a lot of trial and video. Following is a brief outline of what to do.
- Attach your tablet or a smart phone to a study tripod.
- Set the camera on the device you’re using at eye level while you film.
- Invest in a Lavalier microphone and attach it to your clothes for hands free functionality. These typically only cost about $20.
- Hold the filming device you’re using in a horizontal position as often as possible. Also, frame the subject of the video at a medium shot and focus on it (you can adjust as you go). It’s also a recommended to avoid distracting backgrounds.
- Start recording and enlighten your target audience about who you are, what you have to offer that can solve their problems, demonstrate why you’re an expert in your industry and the perfect company to work with.
- Always end the video with a compelling call to action.
- Shoot for no less than 2 minutes for maximum engagement.
It’s important to keep in mind that there’s no substitute of expertise when it comes to creating and delivering high quality, professional videos. Professional video production looks at all aspects that create an impressive end result, including lighting, establishing the shot, sound quality, and more. A professional videographer will be able to deliver quality work and, depending on the level of quality you need, may even require a team (videographers, writers, actors, extras, etc.). It all comes down to the level of quality you’re looking for and the purpose of the video.
According to the statistics, it’s evident that video marketing is important when it comes to digital marketing – a factor that shouldn’t be ignored. You can bet video marketing is a part of today’s successful businesses marketing plan. The goal of any business today should be to consistently interact with their target audience in a professional and engaging manner. Videos are one of the most effective ways to tell your unique story.